Our website uses cookies so that we can provide a better service. Continue to use the site as normal if you're happy with this, or find out how to manage cookies.

Byelaw 49 - Service Providers

Operators interested in providing a sewage-away or pump-out service should be aware of the following:

  • The Thames Freight Standard – relevant licence for the vessel and appropriately trained staff.
  • The SMS / Operating Plan must demonstrate measures are in place (and followed) to prevent the spill of sewage into the river or to land.
  • Other permits / licences / consents may be required from local councils and from the Environment Agency. It is your responsibility to ensure you hold all required consents.
  • You should ensure you are registered as a waste carrier with the Environment Agency to carry waste.

All information provided herein is current at the time of publication. Inclusion in this guidance does not imply endorsement by the PLA.

Page updated: January 2022.